Powered by Blogger.

My skincare must haves


I need to start this post off my saying I am NO skincare expert by any means. Many of my friends who are also into skincare are much more clued up than I am. I just know what works for me and I thought I would share. 

My skin has always been trouble for me since I was a child. I have very dry/combination skin and acne which is currently being controlled by a dermatologist. I have tried so many different products from the cheap boots range to expensive eye creams and there isn't one particular thing that works for my skin so here is the cocktail of creams and lotions I lather onto my skin daily: 


Cleansers: I have used Jordan Samuels cleanser for just over a month now and it has really cleared up my forehead of little stubborn spots. It's quite a thick gel type consistency but it melts onto my skin and I have had no problems with it. The REN cleanser is my go to when my skin is playing up or when I am feeling like my skin is extra sensitive due to harsh weather or a long day at placement wearing a mask all day. 


Mists/sprays: I have had the Josh Rosebrook for just under a month and I can see this become a staple part of my skincare routine for a long time. I have tried so many other mists in the past and this one really makes my skin feel refreshed. I'm excited to try this out in the summer months too. The beauty pie Japanfusion Prep lotion is something I put on my face as soon as I have cleansed and it locks in all the moisture from the cleanser. I love the Japanfusion range I also have the cleanser, Intensive moisturiser and the face masks! Super cheap but great quality. The Zelens vitamin D mist is something I use perhaps x3 a week, it is nice when I don't have any active spots else it stings a bit but it makes my face glow like the moon.


Other treatments: Zelens Power D is like the mist but in a thick oil and it is a treat for my face when it feels tight and dry. It takes a while to sink into my skin but then that is the time I either read or play Animal Crossing.. win/win! The Tan-Luxe super glow drops are streak free (they really are) and stops me looking pale in the depths of winter. The tan itself isn't too dark but you can build it up gradually which I like (So you get no Ross scenarios). The Paula's choice is a BHA acid that helps any active spots I have.. piss off basically! 

Creams: As I have mentioned my skin gets quite dry, it is important for me to have a thick cream and a light cream depending on how my skin is at the time. The La Roche Posey B5 balm is my holy grail for when I need to lather my face in moisturiser. The beauty pie cream is again from the Japanfusion range and is my everyday cream. In regards to eye creams, I have tried them all and none of them agree with my eyes except this turmeric one I got off ASOS. 

Bedside table must haves: These are products I use every single night before going to bed. When I am on placement, I have to get up at 4am every morning so I use the rituals sleep nighttime serum which helps me drift off to sleep. I also have the hand mask in the same scent and this helps my hands from when I am wearing gloves/washing my hands all day. The Oskia beauty boost is a new one but it is so rich and full of vitamins, my skin feels plump in the morning. Lastly, the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream was the first piece of skincare I bought when I was 16 that wasn't Nivea or St Ives. It is so versatile and it smells so nice.. I wouldn't be without it! 

Now that I have turned 30, I think making sure my skincare is regimented is vital in keeping my skin is tip top shape. 

What skincare do you use? Anything you would not be without?







 



No comments