Powered by Blogger.

My top 10 TV shows

Truth be told, I thought writing this post would be much easier than it was. I find it hard when someone asks me what my favourite band, TV show or film is. There is just so much choice! 

I think I much prefer TV shows over films as I love a binge watching session! It has taken me a while to compile my list of my top 10. Many were removed and popped back in, rearranged and some stayed in the same place the entire time. Now I know there will be people wondering why some are not on the list at all and I just want to confirm that doesn't mean I don't like those shows, there are of course more than 10 incredible TV shows.. these are just my all time favourites: 


10- Big mouth: At first, this show made me cringe a little. If you are yet to see it, it's an animated show based on teens going through the wonders of puberty with their very own hormone monsters. The show is very funny and the script is cleverly written.


9- Grey's Anatomy: This moved about in my list many times. I have watched this show over and over for years. However, there are too many seasons for me to binge watch now. This show played a part in me wanting to be a nurse and I fell in love with the characters immediately. If you liked ER.. you'll like this (Just get tissues at the ready).

8- This country: From someone who grew up in Cornwall in a small town, this made the show 10x funnier and relatable. This is about 2 cousins (Played by Daisy May Cooper and Charlie Cooper) who star in a documentary-style comedy. Sadly, there are only 3 series but they are an easy watch and very funny!


7- Modern Family: This is another mockumentary comedy set in LA. Each character in this show brings their own type of comedy and hilarious jokes. The plot is easy to follow and it will make you laugh every moment. 

6-New girl: Oh this show made me fall in love with Zoey Deschanel so much. The comedy is set in LA where 3 guys and a girl live in an apartment together and go through the highs and lows of being in your late 20s/30s. I have watched this since the start and recently re-watched it and it's a show that makes you feel all warm. 

5- Vampire diaries: Now we are getting into the top 5! This show made me develop a slight obsession with Ian Somerhalder. This vampire based TV show was everything you want. Romance, comedy, a little scary at times and hot guys! There is also a spin off show called The Originals which I also love (not enough to be on the list). 

4- The Office (US and UK): I love both these shows equally but I watch the US one more. Granted, I have not binge watched it in quite a while now but it a show where you can watch any episode from any season and it is hilarious. 


3- Parks and Recreation: There are still many people who haven't heard or watched this show and it blows my mind that this is the case. This was one of Chris Pratt's first roles and he was originally only meant to be in a few episodes (he's in them all yay). This is another mockumentary style comedy of a woman called Leslie Knope and her friends/work colleagues in the small city of Pawnee. 


2- Gilmore girls: I watch this show every single year and have for the past 15 years or so now. I start it in September and binge until I am done. It is a story of a woman named Loralai and her daughter Rory. They live in a small town called Stars Hollow (I know its cute isn't it) and has you wanting to live there by the end of episode 1. They are fast talking and obsessed with coffee! It has a great cast and also a 4 episode revival out too. 

1- Brooklyn 99: This is my all time favourite show ever. To say I have an obsession would be an understatement. From the cast, to the general plot, it is just fantastic. I watch this every night before I go to bed and could probably perform a one man show of the entire series. If you have not seen it (firstly, why not?) it is about a group of detectives in the NYPD. The comedy is flawless and is a feel good, easy watch show. 



I thought there are some other shows I also love but not enough to be in my top 10 that are worth a little mention too: 
- Nashville
- The OC
- Friends
- Lost
-Sex and the city
- Family Guy
- How I met your mother
- The big bang theory
- Rick and Morty
- Will and Grace

What are your favourite TV shows? Are there any you love that I have not listed? 
Anyway, I am off to watch B99! :) 











1 comment